VLC = Internet TV / Movies

vlcCheck it out. I just discovered that using VLC you can get all kinds of streaming video. It has Shoutcast Video support.

*Note: I’m only using Picasa b/c Flickr isn’t accepting uploads from my hotel room for some odd reason.

This entry was posted in Media, Tech. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to VLC = Internet TV / Movies

1. josue says:

Haha, yeah, it’s pretty cool.

2. ben says:

How’d you get it working in VLC? I can’t find the Shoutcast TV listings anywhere.

File–>Services Discovery. Select Shoutcast TV Listings and then push the playlist button so you can browse.

4. Kristin says:

VLC sucks. My mom sent me a funny dog video and I can’t watch it. Bah!

5. Guy says:

^VLC is capable of playing anything, so don’t even pull that crap. Get off your ass and find out why you can’t watch it, then complain about it.

BTW, what does that dog video have to do with Shoutcast TV? No offense, but please try to pull your head out of your ass for one second so you can see where you are posting. Make an effort to understand the subject matter next time so we wouldn’t be plagued by such ignorant complaints from you in the future.

6. mena says:

thanks

7. Darkstorm says:

VLC really sucks!!! For some of the files, sound wont be playing….while trying to fast forward the video, it appeares scrambled…and it ever CRASHES sometimes….What kind of bloody testers they got??? They dont know how to handle an error condition???

8. naz says:

Hello guys!
    I keep getting the following message: “unable to open http/shout-winamp://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/newtvlister.phtml?alltv=1” any idea on how to solve this problem? Thank you for your kind help.

9. If you get an error, I think it’s because too many people are trying to watch the same stream at the same time. VLC ROCKS!

10. Danutzzz says:

so where i can find streams?

11. mndkjnw says:

VLC IS A GOOD PROGRAM BUT THE BAD THING IS, IT DOSN’T PLAY FLVS!!!!!!!!!!! ITS SO ANNOYING! ALTHOUGH PRETTY GOOD PROGRAM 4 AND A HALF STARS!

12. Brian C. says:

Vlc is the #1 video player I have ever used. It plays pretty much everything, though I can never see mto get a quicktime .mov to play right. However, it CAN play .flv, Flash Video, files, perfectly. I use it to stream things all the time now.

It does have a tendency to crash running on Windows, though. I also run Linux, where I have never seen it crash. I don’t have a Mac running OSX, so I can’t testify to it’s stability there, though if it’s like other Apple programs, it’s probably pretty stable.

If you have an old computer laying around, and you want to put it to use, you could make your own internet radio station stream from it via VLC (you might want to install Linux first, since A: it’s more portable and using desktops like XFCE is very lightweight, and B: on the topic of internet servers and streaming, Linux is the preferred platform of professionals thanks to it’s stability.

13. backdownsb1983 says:

how to watch movies online

14. Tom says:

Just got VLC player for my University Flat to watch freeview as the tv connection in Leicester is awful. I have absolutely no idea how to use it… I only want to watch tv but can’t even do that. Any help would be much appreciated, cheers.