PSP Hacks, First Edition

PSP Hacks, First Edition is finally revealed. It’s what I’ve been working on quite a bit this summer. The description is a little out of date right now, as we’ve changed a lot since version 2.0 of the firmware came out. We’re also not sure if we’re sold on the tag line yet: “Tips & Tools for the Ultimate Wireless Handheld,” so if you can think of a catchier title in the format of “Tips & Tools for…” then put them in the comments of this post and if we go with your tag line, I’ll send you a free copy of the book.

We’re going to have 50 hacks in the book covering the full gamut of things you can do to trick out your PSP and your usage of the PSP, so start saving up your hard-earned $25 so you can buy a copy. ;-)

w00t! My first book!

I am a father, a husband, a blogger, a parrot owner, a pug owner, and the VP of Technology/Engineering for Chaotic Moon. This site has no comments. If you want to talk to me, send me an @cksample on Twitter. If you like this post, feel free to send me a micropayment via Bitcoin.
This entry was posted in PSP, Writing. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to PSP Hacks, First Edition

1. Maggie says:

Go CK!!

2. Hadley Stern says:

Go, C.K.!! You deserved this book deal as much as anyone I know. Can’t wait to read it.

3. Scott says:

Congrats, C.K. If I were in NY I would buy you a drink to celebrate (I’m sure you could use one).

When do I get my copy?

4. Dave says:

Woo, congratulations! Too cool for words.

5. Pingback: PSP Hacks: The Book » PSP Hacks, First Edition

6. ringo says:

Sorry for the noob question, i’m not familiar with your work, but are they 2.0 topis and tool?

Because i’d love to add features to my 2.0 PSP but i don’t want no fastloader or stuff like that…

You look to be very legit, Oreilly and all :)

Thanx

Hi, Ringo,

The book covers hacks for all versions of the firmware, and it tries to offer options for how to do the hacks in every version of the firmware. Of course, when it comes to homebrew apps, there is more info and stuff available for v.1.0-1.5 of the firmware, but, likewise, when it is a web-related hack, it generally works better with version 2.0.

That being said, there are also a lot of hardware hacks and mods in the book, like the stand that was mentioned on Joystiq, that have nothing to do with the firmware and will work universally with any PSP.

8. great post, i've subscribe ur blog, i found there is a similar post here for PSP Download Site, you can check it out.